Risk Management Includes: Concussion Management, Background Checks, Club and Player Safety and Club Required Seasonal Forms
Safe Sport - Completed yearly
On February 14, 2018, the Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017 was signed into law and became effective immediately.
- Bill amends the Victims of Child Abuse Act of 1990
- Child abuse is defined
- Child Abuse should be made to the local law enforcement agency
- An individual is required to report suspected child sexual abuse
To enroll in the SafeSport program for the first time.
- Login to your Coach Account
- Follow the step-by-step instructions found here
- Access Code: YC3E-6P5G-YYIL-CS2M
- If you have already completed the course outside of your coaches account, you will need to login directly to SafeSport, print off your completion certificate, and then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concussion Management Testing - Completed every 3 years
The CDC Concussion Test is required for all bench officials, including coaches and team managers as well as referees involved in all tournaments, leagues and Events. For Concussion information and state laws, see concussion information under safety resources.
The presentation and test are all done through your GotSport account. The below link will take you to the instructions on how to complete this.
To take the concussion course and test:
- Log into your GotSport account and then follow these step-by-step instructions to complete the course and receive your certificate.
Background Checks - Completed yearly
Any person (coach, assistant coach, volunteer, team manager, referee, board member, concession stand workers and administrators) who comes in contact or interacts with children at any point during the soccer season MUST complete a background check yearly. Background checks expire on June 30th of each year, regardless of when they are submitted. You must renew yearly to work with children in any capacity.
Coaches cannot be assigned to any team until their background check is current. Login to your GotSoccer coach account and click on the “Background Check” on the upper left hand side. Then click on “Submit New Report”.
Referees will not be assigned to any games or receive a new or recertification badge until the background check is current. Login to your GotSoccer Referee account and click on the “Background Check” on the upper left hand side. Then click on “Submit New Report”.
If you do not already have an account, your club will assign you a GotSoccer account. You will need to log into your account and click on the “Background Check” on the upper left hand side. Then click on “Submit New Report”.
It is important to note that ANYTHING other than a minor traffic ticket must be disclosed. Even if the charge has been expunged or dismissed, you must disclose. The more details provided the quicker the report can be processed. You must also use your full, legal name. Please update your profile to reflect your legal name.
To submit your background check:
Risk Management Contacts