BASC College Scholarships for High School Seniors
BASC annually awards two $500 undergraduate college tuition scholarships to current BASC players. The awards are open to both men and women and are paid directly to the recipient. Both are funded from the BASC general fund.
To be considered for a scholarship, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Be a graduating high school senior in 2019.
- Be a current player, coach or referee in the BASC.
- The applicant must have been registered and participated for a minimum of three (3) years (six seasons) in the BASC recreational and/or competitive leagues.
- The applicant must submit a certified copy of their high school transcript.
- Applicant must submit a copy of ACT scores.
- Applicant must enroll a minimum of 12 hours in the first college semester following the award.
Evaluation and approval will be made by the BASC Executive Board based primarily on academic achievement, soccer participation, and good citizenship. All scholarship recipients must provide proof of enrollment before funds will be disbursed. If at any time it is determined information provided on the scholarship application is inaccurate, the Executive Board reserves the right to reconsider the award.
Click here to view/download the College Scholarship Application packet. -- Due Date: 4/12/19
Applicants will be notified of the scholarship decision during the month of May.